Welcome to the 2015 Munich Workshop on Coding and Modulation (MCM 2015)!
On July 30-31, 2015, the TUM Institute for Communications Engineering (LNT) is organizing a 2015 Munich Workshop on Coding and Modulation (MCM 2015).
The mission of the MCM 2015 is to bring together researchers from the fields of code design, digital communication, and information theory for in-depth discussions on how to achieve high rate and reliable communication over noisy channels. The workshop consists of invited technical talks, coffee breaks for discussions, and a social program to network and to enjoy summertime in Munich. The workshop will be held at the Institute for Communications Engineering, Technische Universität München.
We look forward to seeing you in Munich!
Gianluigi Liva, Georg Böcherer, Gerhard Kramer
- Erdal Arıkan (Bilkent University)
- Rüdiger Urbanke (EPFL)
- Johannes Huber (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Michael Lentmaier (Lund University)
- Guido Montorsi (Politecnico di Torino)
- Rami Zamir (Tel Aviv University)
- Jean-Claude Belfiore (Telecom ParisTech)
- Joseph Jean Boutros (Texas A&M University at Qatar)
- Giuseppe Caire (TU Berlin)
- Rick Wesel (UCLA)
- Marco Baldi (Universita Politecnica delle Marche)
- Mark Flanagan (University College Dublin)
- Enrico Paolini (University of Bologna)
- Jossy Sayir (University of Cambridge)
- Stephan ten Brink (University of Stuttgart)
- Robert Fischer (University of Ulm)
- Albert Guillen i Fabregas (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Gottfried Ungerböck
- Gianluigi Liva, Stephan Pfletschinger (DLR)
- Georg Böcherer, Joachim Hagenauer, Gerhard Kramer (TUM)
- Non-binary LDPC and Turbo codes
- Spatially coupled codes
- Polar codes
- Lattice codes
- Decoding for short block lengths
With a special emphasis on
- Approaching capacity
- High-order modulation
- Signal shaping
- Error correction on practical channels
During the coffee breaks, everybody is invited to have a look at current research of DLR and TUM. The following posters will be presented:
- Francisco Lazaro Blasco (DLR): The Distance Spectrum of Fixed Rate Raptor Codes
- Giuliano Garrammone (DLR): Non-Binary LDPC Erasure Codes with Separated Low-Degree Variable Nodes
- Thomas Jerkovits (DLR): Design of Short Turbo Codes
- Shakeel Salamat Ullah (CUHK): Experimental Evaluation of Physical-layer Network Coding
- Federico Clazzer (DLR): Multi-Receiver Aloha Systems – A Survey and New Results
- Giuseppe Cocco (DLR): Streaming Transmission over Block Fading Channels with Delay Constraints
- Hannes Bartz (TUM): List and Probabilistic Unique Decoding of Folded Subspace Codes
- Tobias Fehenberger (TUM): LDPC Coded Modulation with Probabilistic Shaping for Optical Fiber Systems
- Patrick Schulte (TUM): Constant Composition Distribution Matching
- Fabian Steiner (TUM): Protograph-Based LDPC Code Design for Shaped Bit-Metric Decoding
- Markus Stinner (TUM): Finite-Length Scaling of Convolutional LDPC Codes Using Belief Propagation
- Metro map Munich.
- Airport to Hotel Königswache: use S8 to Herrsching. Get off at Hauptbahnhof and take the U2 to Feldmoching. Get off at Theresienstraße and walk to Hotel Königswache. We recommend the Airport-City-Day-Ticket since it allows you to use the public transport in Munich during the whole day.
- You can also walk from Hauptbahnhof to Hotel Königswache.
- Walk from Hotel Königswache to the LNT.
- At the LNT, take the elevator or stairs to the 2nd floor. The talks will be given in the seminar room N2408.
The technical sessions are open to all who are registered. Please register by sending an Email to email@example.com until latest July 15. We have a limited number of slots for the lunches. We will assign these slots on a first-come first-served basis. Please send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please state which events (sessions / lunch Thursday / lunch Friday / beer garden) you would like to join. We look forward to seeing you at MCM 2015!