19th Joint Workshop on Communications and Coding (JWCC)
On March 11-14, 2019, members of the TUM Institute for Communications Engineering (LNT, LÜT, COD), from University of Stuttgart, Ulm University, TU Vienna and the German Aerospace Center (DLR) will participate in the 19th Joint Workshop on Communications and Coding (JWCC), informally known as the Coding & Skiing workshop. JWCC is a somewhat different conference. It combines our favorite activities: research and winter sports. The 2019 event will be held at Sporthotel Kühtai in Kühtai, Austria.
- Stephan ten Brink, Sebastian Cammerer, Sebastian Dörner, Moustafa Ebada, Ahmed Elkelesh, Xiaojie Wang (University of Stuttgart)
- Martin Bossert, Robert Fischer, Cornelia Ott, Johannes Pfeiffer, Carmen Sippel, Sebastian Stern, George Yammine (Ulm University)
- Stefan Birgmeier, Norbert Görtz, Stefan Schwarz, Bashar Tahir (Vienna University of Technology)
- Mustafa Cemil Coskun, Thomas Jerkovits, Gianluigi Liva, Balazs Matuzs (German Aerospace Center, DLR)
- Ali Amjad, Haider Alkim, Emna ben Yacoub, Christian Deppe, Delcho Donev, Roberto Ferrara, Javier Garcia, Lia Hedongliang, Lukas Holzbaur, Tasnad Kernetzky, Gerhard Kramer, Wafa Labidi, Benedikt Leible, Georg Maringer, Lars Palzer, Tobias Prinz, Sven Puchinger, Julian Renner, Patrick Schulte, Vladimir Sidorenko, Fabian Steiner, Thomas Wiegart, Peihong Yuan (Technical University of Munich)
Monday, March 11, 2019
|14:30 - 15:00||Welcome & Introduction of all chairs|
|15:00 - 15:30||Sebastian Cammerer: "Learning to communicate"|
|15:30 - 16:00||Norbert Görtz: "Compressed-Sensing Recovery with Super-Sparse Measurement Matrices"|
|16:00 - 17:30||Poster Session 1 & Coffee Break|
|17:30 - 18:00||Martin Bossert: "Algorithm for Hard- and Soft-Decision Decoding of Block Codes"|
Poster Session 1:
- A. Elkelesh, M. Ebada, S: Cammerer, S. ten Brink: "Genetic Algorithm-based Polar Code Construction for the AWGN Channel"
- X. Wang, S. Cammerer, S. ten Brink: "Near Capacity Detection and Decoding for Non-orthogonal Multiple Access"
- A. Elkelesh, M. Ebada, S. Cammerer, S. ten Brink: "Belief Propagation List Decoding of Polar Codes"
- Stefan Birgmeier: "Variable-Rate Channel-Coding Using Compressive Sensing"
- Bashar Tahir: "Joint Codebook Design for Multi-Cell NOMA"
- Robert Fischer: "Bias Compensation in MMSE Estimation"
- Cornelia Ott: "Reed-Solomon Codes over Fields of Characteristic Zero"
- Delcho Donev: "Lower and upper bounds on the capacity for finite blocklength transmissions with limited out of band energy"
- Javier Garcia: "Statistics of the Nonlinear Discrete Spectrum of a Noisy Pulse"
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
|09:15 - 13:00||Skiing|
|14:30 - 15:00||Xiaojie Wang: "Flexible Code Design for the Multiple Access Channels"|
|15:00 - 15:30||Stefan Schwarz: "Grassmannian Product Codebooks for Limited Feedback FD-MIMO"|
|15:30 - 17:00||Poster session & Coffee Break|
|17:00 - 17:30||Talk 6|
Poster Session 2:
- Johannes Pfeiffer: "Optimization of Punctured LPDC Codes for Physical-Layer Security using Density Evolution"
- Carmen Sippel: "Differential Linear Network Coding in Slowly-Varying Networks"
- George Yammine: "Optimization of Subspace Projection in Noncoherent Massive MIMO Systems"
- Bendikt Leible: "Soliton Transmission over Raman-Amplified Fiber"
- Thomas Jerkovits: "On Weak Keys in the Faure-Loidreau Cryptosystem"
- Patrick Schulte: "A transform code distribution matcher"
- Thomas Wiegart: "Shaped OOK-Transmission using Polar Codes"
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
|09:15 - 13:00||Skiing|
|14:30 - 15:00||Sebastian Stern: "Quaternion-Valued MIMO transmission"|
|15:00 - 15:30||Talk 8|
|15:30 - 17:00||Poster session 3 & Coffee Break|
|17:00 - 17:30||Talk 9|
Thursday, March 14, 2019
|09:15 - 13:30||Skiing|